Financial Business Case
The implementation of a suite of the ESR functionality, including Oracle Learning Management (OLM), competences, establishment control, and talent management provides you with the ability to realise a range of cost and service improvements to your organisation.
- Savings can be made by fully utilising learning compliance.
- Reducing agency spend when a consistent workforce can be planned in advance.
- Reducing centralised reporting by using the Self Service portlet and Managers dashboard.
- Enabling vacancies to be identified in a more timely way to help speed up recruitment.
- Helping reduce sickness absence by entering data into ESR for sickness monitoring and delivering early interventions.
- Reducing classroom based training, through the implementation of e-Learning and access to over 800 national e-Learning courses.
- Removing the need for any 3rd party Learning Management Systems and appraisal systems, with the potential for additional direct costs, as ESR has a fully integrated Learning Management System which includes the recording of classroom and e-Learning offerings.
- Improved employee engagement and data quality by giving employees’ access to ESR Self Service - so they can quickly identify what actions they need to take (i.e. learning, appraisal etc.).
- Opportunity to reduce the need for journal adjustments in the general ledger during month-end reconciliation when using establishment control in ESR.
- Improved planning within budgeted establishment.
- Improved workforce empowerment by giving managers access to information that better informs their decision making.
- Increased levels of assurance that the right people are in the right positions.
- Improved talent management across the organisation from use of competencies and appraisals.
- Improved data quality by using WoVen (Workforce Validation Engine) reports in Business Intelligence.