Financial Business Case
An overarching financial case for using ESR is that all aspects of the Solution and Service are centrally funded. This means that the return on your investment – which is a local project delivery investment only – is immediately maximised by not having to procure, fund and maintain such rich capability.
ESR Business Intelligence reporting offers detailed intelligence to all levels of the organisation from applicants and employees, to managers and organisation leadership teams, providing essential data to the users, allowing them to respond and plan for the future. ESR data is presented in a variety of ways; for example, through the ESR Portal and its Portlets, the various dashboards or through the Business Intelligence reporting tool. There are multiple opportunities to not only gain financial benefits but also improve data quality.
- Returns data quickly, resulting in less time spent waiting for reports to complete
- Ability to import external data into BI, thus eliminating the need to purchase alternative solutions to compare data
- Ability to view the reports via desktop or on mobile devices, using the internet
- Use of the suite of BI reports available allows users to forecast future events (eg training days), thus ensuring cost-effective planning
- Opportunity to reduce the production of reports from a central reporting function
- Ability to report across the full integrated ESR solution, thus reducing the need to manipulate data outside of ESR
- A reduction in ad hoc reporting requests from managers and core functions as a result of Self Service and Local BI reporting URP
- Reduction in ad hoc data requests from employees as a result of Self Service and the portal
- Access to a full suite of standard national dashboards and associated reports.
- Pre-analysed data with built in functionality to enable further definition to meet your specific needs
- Allows effective benchmarking of your local KPIs at a regional and national level.
- Utilising the ESR BI Alerting functionality to schedule summary reports for delivery to users via BI or via email
- Allows managers to view reports specific to their teams at a time that’s convenient for them
- Encourages improvements to data quality due to the visibility and accessibility to data
- Ability for employees, managers and core functions to view data in real-time or near-to real time
- Opportunity to improve people management, through access to employee data; such as appraisals, and learning
- Supports effective workforce planning, from planning recruitment to address an ageing workforce and to planning the learning offering to meet the needs of the workforce and the service.