ESR exclusively offers the provision of an integrated hire to retire workforce management solution developed by the NHS for the NHS.
By fully utilising ESR as an integrated system, your organisation can realise greater benefits. In order to achieve this, your individual departments must work collaboratively to maximise business process efficiencies.
This section outlines how you can utilise other areas of ESR functionality which supports the organisation in providing a skilled workforce by developing a greater overall ESR solution.
+ Effective Recruitment
- Perform the transfer of personal, employment, and training data through Pre-Hire IAT. In turn, this reduces duplication of manual data input and/or pre-employment checks and training.
- Reduce on boarding process and induction training to release staff early to their workplace.
- Record of qualifications and professional registrations to assist in providing a talent profile.
+ Workforce Planning
- Use Establishment Control in ESR to effectively manage your hierarchy.
- Enhance your data quality with the implementation of Employee Self Service.
- Fully utilise the business intelligence module to gain a wealth of workforce information.
+ Empower & Retain
- Aid retention by empowering your workforce to manage their own learning and development through ESR Self Service.
- Improve your data quality by empowering your workforce to manage their own data.
- Take advantage of ESR as an integrated system by using multiple modules to gain the incremental benefits of a holistic solution. For example by implementing OLM with competencies and Self Service will result in a full learning and development solution for your workforce, that is underpinned with a full suite of workforce intelligence at organisation and various managerial levels.
+ Financial Controls
- Implement a centrally funded and managed learning management system, responsive to workforce changes.
- Access to the dedicated NHS ESR Programme Team to support your implementation at no additional direct cost to your organisation.
- Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) in ESR is the unique process that enables transferability of employee data, including training compliance, across the NHS, thereby supporting the Streamlining programme. With OLM and competencies being managed in ESR, the data will flow easily and with minimal manual intervention.
+ Workforce Intelligence
- Fully utilise the ESR Portal and its Portlets to benefit your employees. In particular the ‘Compliance’ Portlet and the ‘e-Learning and Enrolments’ Portlet.
- Provide valuable information to your Learning Administrators using the learning dashboard to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Use the various national dashboards and reports in Business Intelligence to plan your training provision, to ensure supply meets demand, and to help to ensure compliance is maintained.
- Use HR and compliance data together to analyse your developing workforce by age, gender, staff group, and many more factors as recorded in ESR.
+ Back Office Efficiencies
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of learning and development teams through the accessibility of data and by enabling the full functionality of Self Service.
- Have the ability to reduce face to face training requirements through the offering of local or national e-Learning.
- Reduce reporting requirements to employees and managers on compliance by implementing Self Service.