ESR exclusively offers the provision of an integrated hire to retire workforce management solution developed by the NHS for the NHS.
By fully utilising ESR as an integrated system, your organisation can realise greater benefits. In order to achieve this, your individual departments must work collaboratively to maximise business process efficiencies.
This section outlines how you can utilise other areas of ESR functionality across the various back office functions, that will enable you to achieve a greater overall ESR solution.
+ Workforce Intelligence
- Fully utilise the ESR Portal and its Portlets to benefit your employees.
- Provide valuable information to your back office teams using the Portal dashboards, increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Guide your managers to use the Manager Dashboard and associated BI reports to assist them in managing their teams.
- Realise the benefits of organisation-wide Dashboard Reports to enable central functions, such as HR, to support the organisation and your managers. For example the NHS Absence Dashboard for Absence Management; NHS Management Overview Dashboard. These reports can be accessed on mobile devices, supporting agile working for managers in your organisation.
+ Empower & Retain
- Aid retention by empowering your workforce to manage their own learning and development through ESR Self Service.
- Improve data quality by empowering your workforce to manage their own data.
- Take advantage of ESR as an integrated system by using multiple modules to gain the incremental benefits of a holistic solution. For example by implementing OLM with competencies and Self Service will result in a full learning and development solution for your workforce, that is underpinned with a full suite of workforce intelligence at organisation and various managerial levels.
+ Skilled Workforce
- Full use of the Learning Management functionality in ESR (OLM) will assist you in managing all of the clinical and non-clinical training needs of your existing and emerging workforce.
- Utilising OLM and competencies will provide you with the intelligence to effectively plan your educational offerings and to respond to skills requirements to meet the changing demand for service. Utilising the Performance Management Plans functionality will enable you to identify and manage talent effectively within your organisation.
+ Effective Recruitment
- Perform the transfer of personal, employment, and training data through Pre-Hire Inter Authority Transfer (IAT).
- Using ESR Self Service gives successful applicants’ access to statutory and mandatory training as soon as possible to reduce your on-boarding and induction training time, enabling new employees to join their new team as early as possible.
- Record qualifications and professional registrations to assist in providing a talent profile.
- Enhance the recruitment experience for successful applicants by positively welcoming and engaging them prior to their start date.
+ Workforce Planning
- Use Establishment Control in ESR to effectively manage your hierarchy, control recruitment and associated spend.
- Enhance your data quality by fully using Employee Self Service.
- Utilise reporting to identify projected skills gaps or high attrition, and recruit to help reduce staff shortages.
- Fully utilise the Business Intelligence module to gain a wealth of workforce information to inform and refine your strategy.
+ Financial Controls
- Recording establishment in ESR provides a tool for controlling recruitment and staffing spend by feeding the general ledger, flagging over establishment and providing true vacancy reporting.
- Implementation of the recruitment streamlining functions can reduce time spent on reference receipt and on the unnecessary duplication of induction training and occupational health checks by using automated notifications.
- Self Service enables devolved input at the point of origin, thereby removing paper processes and centralised data entry. Enabling the organisation to improving data quality and timeliness of data entry.
- Full utilisation of the ESR solution including Employee Relations, external data inclusion in Business Intelligence reporting and learning, eliminates the need for alternative third party systems to be procured.
- Reduce costs associated with face to face training (venues, trainers, resources) by releasing ESR eLearning with local and/or national courses.
- Effective use of the various interfaces available within ESR can automate information to other departments within your organisation; including New Starter and Terminations notifications to ICT and security teams, and also DBS updates to HR teams to eliminate the need for repeat DBS disclosures.