Financial Business Case
You can gain greater efficiencies in your back office functions by fully utilising the relevant ESR functionality. In doing so, you will realise a range of cost and service improvements for your organisation.
- Reduction in HR and payroll transactional processing, through reducing /eliminating paper forms.
- Reduce salary overspending with the timeliness of leaver dates being entered by managers through Self Service.
- Implementation of online only payslips reduces the cost of central administration of collation and delivery.
- Introduction of one of the two centrally funded e-Expenses platforms eliminates the need for an externally purchased system.
- Implementation of an e-Expenses system enables you to make efficiency savings by removing time consuming back office processes for NHS payroll teams.
- Reduction in administration time by Learning and Development teams by enabling self-enrolment on courses and utilising e-Learning.
- Reduction in trainer costs by expanding e-Learning offerings.
- Eradicate the duplication of training through the portable training record.
- Reduction in development costs for creating and maintaining local content, due to over 800 national e-Learning courses being available.
- Reduction in centralised reporting by using the Self Service Portlets and manager dashboards.
- Reduction or eradication of the input of paper registers by introducing and devolving the Class Attendance Portlet.
- Reduce temporary staffing/agency costs through improving streamlining processes and the transfer of training for new starters, thereby reducing time to hire enabling the early release of new starters into the workplace.
- Streamline back office processes to improve productivity and enhance the service provided.
- Minimise manual intervention and optimise system automation to increase productivity.
- Improve corporate function collaboration to fully optimise system capabilities.
- Reduce staff transfer processing by automating processes.
- Improve on-boarding timescales using IAT proactively to identify training and OH needs.
- Improved data quality and timeliness where data is made available to the employee and manager at the point of source via Self Service.
- Use of ESR Roles and Notifications (via ESR and email) to proactively inform users with automated and relevant updates.
- Improvements in employees and managers ESR experience by using Self Service, providing them with access to, and the ability to manage their own data.
- Improved data security by ensuring all data is captured directly in ESR.
- Reduced clinical and corporate risk by having better data quality – thereby improving the provision of management information via ESR reports and dashboards.