When reviewing your back office functions, processes and the service they provide, the following questions are relevant and can be supported by using ESR:
- Are you driving efficiency within your back office functions?
- Have you reviewed the workforce services provided by your back office functions and compared these to the functionality available by using employee and manager Self Service and ESR learning management?
- How lean are the processes within your back office departments – for example, have you reviewed the end-to-end processes to remove duplication and/or unnecessary steps? Could this be improved by using ESR to ensure data is captured at source?
- Do your back office processes rely on paper-based or other e-media based systems? If so, can these be displaced by using ESR?
- Is your recruitment process streamlined so as to minimise on-boarding time and effort?
- Do you have regular communication between your back office functions in relation to ESR usage and its development within your organisation? Is this effective and does the group have a clear remit and direction?
- Have you recently reviewed your on-boarding and induction process for new starters from the perspective of the organisation’s processes, and from the new starter’s experience?
- Is your organisation involved, or aware of the national streamlining projects?